Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stormy Weather Again

Well, we had some interesting weather in Falls, Robertson and Leon counties last night. A severe thunderstorm formed in the western part of Falls County and just created all kinds of havoc. The worst part of it was a series of at least 3 confirmed touchdowns of tornadoes in Robertson County (I counted 4 myself) that uprooted trees and knocked down power lines on FM 46 SE of Bremond. There was also baseball sized hail confirmed. Thankfully, no injuries were reported...but I'm sure it was scary in that part of Central Texas.

You could see the storm quite nicely from Temple, even through the trees where I live in south Temple. Quite impressive I thought, and it just served as another reminder about severe weather in Texas, the southern edge of Tornado Alley!

Maybe I can get my Yaesu radio installed in the truck this afternoon...

WR1TX

No comments: