Tuesday, May 6, 2008

...and Cometh Some More

Well, the rain has let up for now but it's forecast to come back late tonight and early Wednesday morning. I guess I can deal with it; I'm tired of seeing our county colored in on all the burn ban maps.

Still waiting for the tax rebate, I mean "stimulus package," that we're supposed to be getting. I checked the IRS site, and they tell me that it will be this week when it gets here. Since I did my taxes by electronic means and used direct deposit, it should be here by this Friday. I'm not complaining if that's the case. I just might take the XYL out for a special day on Saturday or Sunday. I'll see how the end of this week plays out.

Now I'm thinking about adding another piece of equipment that is a bit pricey: a Uniden BCD-396T, which scans all trunking modes including P25, EDACS Standard and Narrow (great for scanning those TXU 4800 baud systems), Motorola Type I and II, and LTR. I would LOVE to have both a portable scanner that does all this as well as a base unit that does likewise. But since that is not reasonable at this point and time, I'll go for the BCD-396T. This will also cover the new Fort Hood trunked system that's in the 380 MHz Federal band, which I would love to listen to!

I'm always looking for something new to enhance my radio communications hobbies, aren't I?

WR1TX

No comments: