Sunday, May 4, 2008

New Bell County Amateur Radio Club Forming

I just got word (and an invitation) to attend the first meeting of the Central Texas Amateur Radio Club, which will be held on June 3 at the Bell County EOC in Belton. I'm going to attend this meeting and see what is planned for this new entity.

I'm not really sure what my presence will mean, but since I resigned from TARC I don't think it will matter. I want to do something in Amateur Radio that will make a difference to others as well as to myself, and I think I might be able to get it done with membership in both CTARC and the Lone Star Amateur Radio Association (LSARA), based in Williamson County.

I feel badly for the Temple ARC (TARC), but that club blew the opportunities it had to do something in the Bell County arena and elsewhere. I see the club dying, but I have chosen not to go down with the ship and to go elsewhere to be a positive influence and to help those who need it.

I'm sorry, TARC; you had enough chances, and you screwed it all up. It's too bad that you lost who used to be one of your biggest supporters...me.

WR1TX

No comments: