Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ugh...It's Tuesday, But the Weekend Was Good

Back to work...I really didn't want to go, but I had to. After a 3-day weekend off and being lazy for the most part, wouldn't you feel the same way, especially getting up at 4 am on your day back to work?

At least I had a good Memorial Day weekend. I got to play radio a little bit, especially yesterday with 4 contacts on 30 meters. It seemed like the Southeast was open for me, with 2 QSOs with FL stations, and one each in AL and NC. I needed NC for Worked All States, and I will get a couple of new counties to go along with that.

Mary sat with me as I was working a couple of stations and was as amazed as I with the great reports I got using that little MFJ-1625 Balcony Antenna I've been using. That little jewel is working very well, and I'll keep using it as long as possible. Once we get into our house next year, I'll hang onto this thing and use it at campsites and such, for it's actually compact and the thing works!

Speaking of QSL cards, I went bakc through the recent ones I had received and I realized that I got another county confirmed for New Hampshire. Getting Belknap County confirmed leaves me with only two to go toward completion of NH. The two northernmost ones (I can't remember the names) are the last ones for that state. CW operating has actually helped me get some more counties and prefixes that I might not have gotten otherwise. Now I'm glad I got into Morse for operating. Now if I can get my speed up a bit more I'll try to go after a few of those DX stations...

WR1TX

No comments: