Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ready For the Weekend

It's only been 3 days since I got back from vacation and I'm already looking forward to the weekend. I got slammed with work while I was gone and I got absolutely no help whatsoever. And my co-workers want me to help with a chili cookoff on Friday??? Sorry, no dice; I have way too much work to do. I swear, I can't wait until Friday gets here; I'm playing ham radio this weekend and no one is going to change my mind. I need a breather from all of this...I guess I can't take a vacation the way I want to anymore. But that's OK.

I'm looking at a few additions to my ham gear, and these will all fall under the accessories column. But more importantly, I need to find a new OS for my computer; a virus got hold of it and crashed everything. At least I have backups on flash drives and I have Open Office, an open source version of Office that works very well. You can get it for free on the Internet or you can buy a copy on CD for under $20. Either way you can't lose at all. In the meantime I have to go to eBay and find an unopened original version of Windows XP, NOT an OES of it. Here goes $100...

Stay tuned...

WR1TX

No comments: