Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Little HF This Weekend, Maybe?

Ok, gang...I know I've said this before and I'm saying it again, but I'm actually going to try playing on HF this weekend using my MFJ portable antenna. Believe it or not I'm not going anywhere, just staying home and play a little CW and possibly a little phone if the opportunity is there. I hope that I can come through this time around!

I didn't get to do the Texas QSO Party this year but will certainly try to do it next year for sure. I was out of town for almost a week on a last-minute occurrance and couldn't help it. I need to cut that back if I can.

Here's something I'm looking at trying to do: try to enter a few state QSO parties using CW only. I may not score that much but if I can possibly get a win or two in my category in one of those contests I would be really happy. Of course my slower speed would hamper me a bit but who knows? You gotta try in order to have a shot at winning.

I received bad news concerning my computer. A virus hit me real hard and the best fix is to simply get another OS for the darn thing. Since I was considering moving up to Windows XP anyway, I guess I'll have to spend the cash and move up to that OS. It will be worth it in the long run anyway, and once I have it installed things should be fine. I can then make that computer do some really cool things. It will likely take a month for me to get the software (likely on eBay) but it will be worth the wait.

Stay tuned...

WR1TX

No comments: